Las Vegas Real Estate

Welcome to the Las Vegas Real Estate Blog. Sit back and relax with us as we take you for a tour through Las Vegas real estate and nearby community information. Visit us online at www.ShelterRealty.com or call today: (702) 376-7379

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No Match

I am surprised that people have begun to compare Dubai with Las Vegas as a competing real estate destination. I have nothing against foreign locales, but can we seriously rate the United Arab Emirates with Nevada? I guess both places have grown out of the sand, but there is little else that comes to my mind to put these two places separated by more than physical distance in one category. I thought of taking a closer look at the Dubai realty market in response to questions I have heard of late, and here is what I landed:

Against a median home price of less than $300 thousand in Las Vegas, even a modest 2-bedroom apartment in Dubai can set you back by more than $500 thousand. Las Vegas is way ahead when it comes to value for your money. You can make your money go further in Nevada, and get more space for your dollars than in Dubai.

People from the UK to have invested in Dubai realty, find interiors simply not up to building standards in the West. Compare this with Las Vegas where reputed builders follow touch codes and give you homes that last. Dubai has some distance to go before it can approach Las Vegas quality standards.

A major convenience of Las Vegas homes is that they come with top branded appliances all ready-to-go. The best plans for interiors can go awry because a Television screen or cooking range just does not fit in. Moving in the heavy duty stuff and getting rid of the packaging can spoil the sublime pleasures of enjoying a new home. This is a glitch with the Dubai system where homes are sold with just bare walls!

They say that Dubai sometimes tries too hard to make an impression, and this applies to realty. Projects out in the open sea or in garish locales do not make for harmonious living. Would you like to live inside an outlandish theme park? Dubai developers, to my way of thinking, mix up exotic vacation needs with those of everyday living.

Nevada has a plan to support sustained appreciation of Las Vegas realty. The greater metropolitan area has a judicious mix of residential neighborhoods, commercial realty and industrial estates. The desert, mountain ranges and Hoover Dam have enormous tourist potential. I am not sure that Dubai matches this: can they sustain their present rates of home value appreciation?

You would be right in thinking that I must be biased because I am a Las Vegas realtor. It is also true that I know Las Vegas intimately, whereas I have never actually lived and done business in Dubai. However, value for my clients and protecting their best interests lie at the heart of my job, and I honestly believe that Dubai is yet to show the kind of established infrastructural strength and social environment that Las Vegas has offered for decades. Nevada beats the Middle East for living, business, tourism and investment hands down!